What are the key differences between V1, V2 basic and V2 advanced

Hi,

I get V1 and V2 are incompatibles, but I don’t know why nor the rational behind it. Also, what does V2 advanced profile brings on the table that the basic profile doesn’t ? And what part does crossbar implement ?

Cheers

0 Likes

Hi Michel!

The most important difference between v1 and v2 are the routed RPCs. With v1, called procedures had to be part of the router, while with v2, any WAMP client can register a procedure for calling. This enables distributed applications. There are a lot of other differences which incorporate the experiences we and others had with v1. All of this could not be done while keeping compatibility with v1.

As to the Advanced Profile - I suggest you take a look at the spec for this. When doing so, be aware that there are stable and non-stable parts. Stable parts are generally implemented in Crossbar.io. Some examples of this are subscriber black/whitelisting (you can decide which sessions receive publications), publisher and caller identification (so you can use caller/publisher identity to branch in your code) and session join & leave meta-events (so you can e.g. catalogue present sessions).

Regards,

Alex

···

Am Sonntag, 11. Januar 2015 10:28:03 UTC+1 schrieb Michel Desmoulin:

Hi,

I get V1 and V2 are incompatibles, but I don’t know why nor the rational behind it. Also, what does V2 advanced profile brings on the table that the basic profile doesn’t ? And what part does crossbar implement ?

Cheers

0 Likes

Thanks

···

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 5:39:27 PM UTC+7, Alexander Gödde wrote:

Hi Michel!

The most important difference between v1 and v2 are the routed RPCs. With v1, called procedures had to be part of the router, while with v2, any WAMP client can register a procedure for calling. This enables distributed applications. There are a lot of other differences which incorporate the experiences we and others had with v1. All of this could not be done while keeping compatibility with v1.

As to the Advanced Profile - I suggest you take a look at the spec for this. When doing so, be aware that there are stable and non-stable parts. Stable parts are generally implemented in Crossbar.io. Some examples of this are subscriber black/whitelisting (you can decide which sessions receive publications), publisher and caller identification (so you can use caller/publisher identity to branch in your code) and session join & leave meta-events (so you can e.g. catalogue present sessions).

Regards,

Alex

Am Sonntag, 11. Januar 2015 10:28:03 UTC+1 schrieb Michel Desmoulin:

Hi,

Cheers

0 Likes