WebSocket Error: Network Error 12152, The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response

Hello!

I am getting the error in the subject in the IE 11 browser client using autobahn connection to crossbario and the backend is nodejs. This error appears quite frequently under heavy load and lots of traffic.

Is there a log in crossbario somewhere so I could check what happens when the WebSocket connection drops?

br. Jarkko

0 Likes

It might have been firewall problem, because now it works better when I changed some firewall setting.

sunnuntai 30. elokuuta 2015 14.16.06 UTC+3 Jarkko Peltonen kirjoitti:

···

Hello!

I am getting the error in the subject in the IE 11 browser client using autobahn connection to crossbario and the backend is nodejs. This error appears quite frequently under heavy load and lots of traffic.

Is there a log in crossbario somewhere so I could check what happens when the WebSocket connection drops?

br. Jarkko

0 Likes

The error was removed when I removed sending debug log lines from node.js to webbrowser using publish. Everything works fine now when I am not sending so much traffic to webbrowser. I have no problems receiving all the events in node.js log server but only using webbrowser.

···

Hello!

br. Jarkko

0 Likes

A common source of issues is some dumb firewall or proxy. You can (almost always) take those intermediaries out of the equation by using secure WebSocket (wss). The intermediaries will be sad, as they now no longer can look into and fuzz around with you traffic.

···

Am Mittwoch, 2. September 2015 12:30:23 UTC+2 schrieb Jarkko Peltonen:

The error was removed when I removed sending debug log lines from node.js to webbrowser using publish. Everything works fine now when I am not sending so much traffic to webbrowser. I have no problems receiving all the events in node.js log server but only using webbrowser.

Hello!

br. Jarkko

0 Likes

Hi!

Thanks for tip. I will try it. Overall I am so happy I started using WAMP and crossbario. I really like RPC:s that it offers :slight_smile: Before I had to use only PUB/SUB and that leads to state machine code that is not really nice compared to RPC where you can chain RPC calls without storing state information.

I have built complex system based on WAMP and it works really well. Now I can add new microservices to it when needed.

br. Jarkko

torstai 3. syyskuuta 2015 1.22.04 UTC+3 Tobias Oberstein kirjoitti:

···

A common source of issues is some dumb firewall or proxy. You can (almost always) take those intermediaries out of the equation by using secure WebSocket (wss). The intermediaries will be sad, as they now no longer can look into and fuzz around with you traffic.

Hello!

br. Jarkko

0 Likes

I tried configuring crossbario to use TLS, but I could only connect web browser using Autobahnjs. With Node.js Autobahnjs is not connecting and I am getting ‘host unreachable’ error message.

I tried examples from here http://crossbar.io/docs/Secure-WebSocket-and-HTTPS/ except ‘Using commercial certificates’ because I wasn’t able to understand how to do that one.

Do you know any bullet proof easy way how to configure secure WebSocket?

br. Jarkko

torstai 3. syyskuuta 2015 1.22.04 UTC+3 Tobias Oberstein kirjoitti:

···

Hello!

br. Jarkko

0 Likes