Upstart, Crossbar en guest workers exiting

Hi,

I setup crossbar 0.11.1 on Centos with upstart for automatic restart in case of a crash/restart, like the examples given on ‘going to production’ on the website. I noticed it doesn’t restart in case of a crash on the guest worker, in my case node.js. ‘Guest worker2 exited with error A process has ended with a probable error condition: process ended with exit code 8.’. I need to stop/start crossbar again to get the worker up again. My upstart script:

description “Crossbar.io

start on runlevel [2345]

stop on runlevel [!2345]

respawn

respawn limit 20 5

exec /usr/local/bin/crossbar start --cbdir=/var/www/crossbar/cms/.crossbar --logtofile --logdir=/var/www/crossbar/cms/.crossbar/log

config:

{

“type”: “guest”,

“executable”: “node”,

“arguments”: [“cms.js”],

“options”: {

“workdir”: “…/node”,

“watch”: {

“directories”: ["…/node"],

“action”: “restart”

}

}

}

Anyone who could push me in the right direction here?

Gerjo

0 Likes

I hereby want to bump this question as it happened last night again. Someone has any idea?

···

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 6:01:39 PM UTC+1, Gerjo Greenwald wrote:

Hi,

I setup crossbar 0.11.1 on Centos with upstart for automatic restart in case of a crash/restart, like the examples given on ‘going to production’ on the website. I noticed it doesn’t restart in case of a crash on the guest worker, in my case node.js. ‘Guest worker2 exited with error A process has ended with a probable error condition: process ended with exit code 8.’. I need to stop/start crossbar again to get the worker up again. My upstart script:

description “Crossbar.io

start on runlevel [2345]

stop on runlevel [!2345]

respawn

respawn limit 20 5

exec /usr/local/bin/crossbar start --cbdir=/var/www/crossbar/cms/.crossbar --logtofile --logdir=/var/www/crossbar/cms/.crossbar/log

config:

{

“type”: “guest”,

“executable”: “node”,

“arguments”: [“cms.js”],

“options”: {

“workdir”: “…/node”,

“watch”: {

“directories”: ["…/node"],

“action”: “restart”

}

}

}

Anyone who could push me in the right direction here?

Gerjo

0 Likes