Unusual error spotted on IE10, Win8

I have a small (experimental) application that works correctly with Firefox, Chrome and Safari on OSX, and Safari on iOS.

I had the opportunity to try it out on IE10, Win8 and ran into the following error message in the Developer Console:

SCRIPT12008: WebSocket Error: Incorrect HTTP response. Status code 200, OK

I found this same error reported on a github project page for “Eineros”. The discussion there discovered a workaround for by appending a trailing slash “/ws/” and an extra path component to the websocket URL ("/ws/foo").

In my Javascript code, I construct the WS URL like this:

var wsurl = “ws://194.120.113.172:80/access/Resource001/ws”

Is there anything obviously incompatible with IE10 in the construction of this path?

(I realize this isn’t a lot of information, and I don’t have access to IE10 right now, but I thought I’d report this strange effect.)

Thanks - T

0 Likes

I have never seen above. IE10 works great for me .. you could try

https://webmq.tavendo.de/demo/chat/chat.html

which definitely works on IE10 and uses a WS URL

wss://webmq.tavendo.de/ws

without trailing slash or additional path components.

Tobias

···

Am 23.04.2013 16:32, schrieb Tom Sheffler:

I have a small (experimental) application that works correctly with
Firefox, Chrome and Safari on OSX, and Safari on iOS.

I had the opportunity to try it out on IE10, Win8 and ran into the
following error message in the Developer Console:

SCRIPT12008: WebSocket Error: Incorrect HTTP response. Status code
200, OK

0 Likes

I found another IE10/Win8 computer to try this out on today, and there were no problems. I will retract this sighting, for now, but if I run into it again I will try to collect more data.

Apologies for a false alarm,

-Tom

···

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:32:14 AM UTC-7, Tom Sheffler wrote:

I have a small (experimental) application that works correctly with Firefox, Chrome and Safari on OSX, and Safari on iOS.

I had the opportunity to try it out on IE10, Win8 and ran into the following error message in the Developer Console:

SCRIPT12008: WebSocket Error: Incorrect HTTP response. Status code 200, OK

I found this same error reported on a github project page for “Eineros”. The discussion there discovered a workaround for by appending a trailing slash “/ws/” and an extra path component to the websocket URL ("/ws/foo").

In my Javascript code, I construct the WS URL like this:

var wsurl = “ws://194.120.113.172:80/access/Resource001/ws

Is there anything obviously incompatible with IE10 in the construction of this path?

(I realize this isn’t a lot of information, and I don’t have access to IE10 right now, but I thought I’d report this strange effect.)

Thanks - T

0 Likes

Tom,

···

Am 23.04.2013 23:06, schrieb Tom Sheffler:

I found another IE10/Win8 computer to try this out on today, and there
were no problems. I will retract this sighting, for now, but if I run
into it again I will try to collect more data.

Apologies for a false alarm,
-Tom

No problem. Better a "false alarm" than a missed problem. So don't hesitate to report anything dubious you run into here!

Tobias

0 Likes