Twisted broadcast_multicore example

Hello,

Can someone help me with broadcast_multicore example?

Viewing echo_multicore, problem with broadcast is that we need to some how maintain clients variable across processes. I am not sure how to do this.

Jai

0 Likes

Hi Jai!

I’m afraid there’s currently no real answer to your question.

Currently, when you scale up Crossbar.io to use more cores, each router worker is effectively fully independent. There is no way for a message from client1 which is connected to router1 to be routed to a client2 which is connected to a router2. Enabling this requires coordination which is non-trivial.

Making this possible is on our roadmap. We’re currently trying to accelerate things, but it’s not something to expect within the next few months.

For the time being, once you’ve reached the limits of what a single router on a single core can do, the only possibility is to investigate whether you can partition your clients, whether there are any groups which do not need to communicate with each other.

Since in our experience the limits of what a single router can do are quite large - what type of application & deployment do you need the multi-core scale up for?

Regards,

Alex

···

Am Sonntag, 14. Dezember 2014 17:17:46 UTC+1 schrieb Jai:

Hello,

Viewing echo_multicore, problem with broadcast is that we need to some how maintain clients variable across processes. I am not sure how to do this.

Jai

0 Likes

What “broadcast_multicore” example? There is none …

···

Am Sonntag, 14. Dezember 2014 17:17:46 UTC+1 schrieb Jai:

Hello,

Jai

0 Likes