Problems building on Ubuntu

I installed autobahn-cpp on Ubuntu 15.10 but I’m having a hard time building a simple program. I am getting loads of errors related to msgpack types.

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp: In member function ‘T autobahn::wamp_event::kw_argument(const string&) const’:

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp:88:28: error: ‘STR’ is not a member of ‘msgpack::type’

if (kv.key.type == msgpack::type::STR && key.size() == kv.key.via.str.size

^

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp:88:75: error: ‘const union msgpack::object::union_type’ has no member named ‘str’

^

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp:89:58: error: ‘const union msgpack::object::union_type’ has no member named ‘str’

&& key.compare(0, key.size(), kv.key.via.str.ptr, kv.key.via.str.size) == 0)

^

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp:89:78: error: ‘const union msgpack::object::union_type’ has no member named ‘str’

^

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp: In member function ‘T autobahn::wamp_event::kw_argument(const char*) const’:

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp:106:28: error: ‘STR’ is not a member of ‘msgpack::type’

if (kv.key.type == msgpack::type::STR && key_size == kv.key.via.str.size

^

The program I’m trying to do this simple test with is simply the inclusion of the autobahn header and an empty main, so I know it’s not a problem with my code.

#include <autobahn/autobahn.hpp>

int main(int argc, char** argv) {

return 0;

}

I’m thinking maybe I have an issue with the wrong version of msgpack - maybe something changed with these types recently?

I’m on Ubuntu 15.10. MsgPack was installed from the Ubuntu repositories and is version 0.5.7.

$ aptitude show libmsgpack-dev

Package: libmsgpack-dev

State: installed

Automatically installed: no

Version: 0.5.7-3ubuntu1

Priority: extra

Section: universe/libdevel

Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers ubuntu-d...@lists.ubuntu.com

Architecture: amd64

Uncompressed Size: 1495 k

Depends: libmsgpack3 (= 0.5.7-3ubuntu1), libmsgpackc2 (= 0.5.7-3ubuntu1)

Conflicts: libmsgpack-dev

Description: binary-based efficient object serialization library

Homepage: http://msgpack.org/

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

0 Likes

Oops. I just realized that the Ubuntu repository version of MsgPack is very old. I installed a newer version from source and all is fine now.

Sorry for the noise.

Happy Holidays :slight_smile:

···

On Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 9:30:43 PM UTC-5, Sean Lynch wrote:

I installed autobahn-cpp on Ubuntu 15.10 but I’m having a hard time building a simple program. I am getting loads of errors related to msgpack types.

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp: In member function ‘T autobahn::wamp_event::kw_argument(const string&) const’:

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp:88:28: error: ‘STR’ is not a member of ‘msgpack::type’

^

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp:88:75: error: ‘const union msgpack::object::union_type’ has no member named ‘str’

^

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp:89:58: error: ‘const union msgpack::object::union_type’ has no member named ‘str’

^

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp:89:78: error: ‘const union msgpack::object::union_type’ has no member named ‘str’

^

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp: In member function ‘T autobahn::wamp_event::kw_argument(const char*) const’:

/home/slynch/Programming/autobahn-cpp/autobahn/wamp_event.ipp:106:28: error: ‘STR’ is not a member of ‘msgpack::type’

if (kv.key.type == msgpack::type::STR && key_size == kv.key.via.str.size
                        ^

The program I’m trying to do this simple test with is simply the inclusion of the autobahn header and an empty main, so I know it’s not a problem with my code.

#include <autobahn/autobahn.hpp>

int main(int argc, char** argv) {

return 0;

}

I’m thinking maybe I have an issue with the wrong version of msgpack - maybe something changed with these types recently?

I’m on Ubuntu 15.10. MsgPack was installed from the Ubuntu repositories and is version 0.5.7.

$ aptitude show libmsgpack-dev

Package: libmsgpack-dev

State: installed

Automatically installed: no

Version: 0.5.7-3ubuntu1

Priority: extra

Section: universe/libdevel

Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com

Architecture: amd64

Uncompressed Size: 1495 k

Depends: libmsgpack3 (= 0.5.7-3ubuntu1), libmsgpackc2 (= 0.5.7-3ubuntu1)

Conflicts: libmsgpack-dev

Description: binary-based efficient object serialization library

Homepage: http://msgpack.org/

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

0 Likes