Multi-core and Multi-node Support Support

Hi,

1st I would like to thank the creator of WAMP and Crossbar, one of the best event driven framework.

I am looking for router to router communication where WAMP messages are routed between routers. I believe this would be supported and planned. What is the ETA for this. Is there a quick and dirty way to test this.

Basic problem I want to do is

Local Crossbar Router (running in same host as Unix Domain Socket) say Host1:

• This crossbar is to basically facilitate the local pubsub and rpc for different subsystem in my host, as this solves the problem of RPC or IPC and message passing
  • This would be configured for all local calls
  • There would be a application component which is talking to both Local and Remote Cross bar

Remote (in any other host) crossbar

• This would be router for different machine in differnt networks
  • Host 1 (which has local crossbar too) is one of the registerd API or have to publish some message to router that is connected to this remote crossbar
  • Upon receiving the a RPC call from remote crossbar, host 1 would interally call in local cross bar the correct method
    Currently this can be done in by a component which is listening to both local and remote router and do the delegation

It would be good if router (remote) can talk directly to local router to do the RPC call or get some events out of local components, then it would help in making a clean architecture and separate code to run in multicore.

Any help in this regard would be helpful, or suggestion.

0 Likes

Hi!

First of all thanks for the praise!

We can’t give a definitive timeline for the router-to-router. We’re actively working on it, so it is coming!

One thing that router-to-router will cover is your scenario with edge instances of Crossbar which connect components locally and upstream instances which connect the local ones.

Until this is released, the infrastructure you describe with a component which is connected to both the edge and the upstream router and mediates between the two is the way to achieve this.

Regards,

Alex

···

Am Sonntag, 20. September 2015 01:06:34 UTC+2 schrieb Priyank Kumar:

Hi,

1st I would like to thank the creator of WAMP and Crossbar, one of the best event driven framework.

I am looking for router to router communication where WAMP messages are routed between routers. I believe this would be supported and planned. What is the ETA for this. Is there a quick and dirty way to test this.

Basic problem I want to do is

Local Crossbar Router (running in same host as Unix Domain Socket) say Host1:

• This crossbar is to basically facilitate the local pubsub and rpc for different subsystem in my host, as this solves the problem of RPC or IPC and message passing
  • This would be configured for all local calls
  • There would be a application component which is talking to both Local and Remote Cross bar

Remote (in any other host) crossbar

• This would be router for different machine in differnt networks
  • Host 1 (which has local crossbar too) is one of the registerd API or have to publish some message to router that is connected to this remote crossbar
  • Upon receiving the a RPC call from remote crossbar, host 1 would interally call in local cross bar the correct method
    Currently this can be done in by a component which is listening to both local and remote router and do the delegation

It would be good if router (remote) can talk directly to local router to do the RPC call or get some events out of local components, then it would help in making a clean architecture and separate code to run in multicore.

Any help in this regard would be helpful, or suggestion.

0 Likes