How to write a powerful Component which keep the connection with a crossbar instance ?

Hi,

I’d like to create a (wamp)Component (ApplicationSession/ApplicationRunner) which is able to keep the link with an internet’s crossbar instance …
ability to reconnect in all cases (internet down, broken data, server micro shut down, …) …

I’ve build one, but It couldn’t keep a session alive one day later ;-( (useless !)
the component don’t try to reconnect ;-(

How can I do that ? What is the easiest way to do that ?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

Hi,

what WAMP library are you using for your component? Where is the component running? Without more information it’s impossible to tell where the problem lies.

Generally: If you use Node.js + AutobahnJS, you get automatic reconnects. Reconnect is in the works for Autobahn|Python. I don’t know about other libraries.

Regards,

Alex

···

Am Montag, 18. April 2016 22:09:33 UTC+2 schrieb man atlan:

Hi,

I’d like to create a (wamp)Component (ApplicationSession/ApplicationRunner) which is able to keep the link with an internet’s crossbar instance …
ability to reconnect in all cases (internet down, broken data, server micro shut down, …) …

I’ve build one, but It couldn’t keep a session alive one day later ;-( (useless !)

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

Sorry …

I thought that this mailinglist was autobahn/python only …

My components are python based, and start at boot from my computers (a NAS & a desktop)…
The crossbar router is somewhere in the internet/usa.
And I use html client to exchange with my components, thru the router.

The components stay alive 1day max …
They lost the connexion …
So I need to reboot computers ;-( (or restart components)

···

Le mercredi 20 avril 2016 13:02:31 UTC+2, Alexander Gödde a écrit :

Hi,

what WAMP library are you using for your component? Where is the component running? Without more information it’s impossible to tell where the problem lies.

Generally: If you use Node.js + AutobahnJS, you get automatic reconnects. Reconnect is in the works for Autobahn|Python. I don’t know about other libraries.

Regards,

Alex

Hi,

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

No problem.

Autobahn>Python does not yet have automatic reconnect, but Tobias is working on an overhaul of the library at the moment which will include this. For the time being you need to catch the disconnect and do a reconnect from your application code.

One guess to the cause of your disconnect is that your Internet provider has a forced disconnect every 24 hours (usual with DSL providers at least).

···

Am Donnerstag, 21. April 2016 14:42:09 UTC+2 schrieb man atlan:

Sorry …

I thought that this mailinglist was autobahn/python only …

My components are python based, and start at boot from my computers (a NAS & a desktop)…
The crossbar router is somewhere in the internet/usa.
And I use html client to exchange with my components, thru the router.

The components stay alive 1day max …
They lost the connexion …
So I need to reboot computers ;-( (or restart components)

Le mercredi 20 avril 2016 13:02:31 UTC+2, Alexander Gödde a écrit :

Hi,

Regards,

Alex

Hi,

Thanks in advance

0 Likes