How does WAMP handle the frame buffer size as opposed to e.g AMQP?

I have been studying how WAMP and AMQP operate. Now that I have a good idea about how they achieve communication I was wondering in a case where IoT devices have a small buffer size capacity, how does WAMP operate as opposed to AMQP to not overflow the constrained buffer size that IoT devices might have.
As far as I’m concerned, AMQP has two flow control schemas; the session control flow is specific in helping limit the buffer size whereas the other (link control flow) is more specific to the application code.
Thus, the session control flow can help in IoT devices. But with WAMP how is this achieved? Or is it even necessary? Or needs this to be implemented appropriately at the application side?
I’ve been recommended to use MQTT for IoT, but I don’t have any idea for the protocol yet.

Happy Holidays!

It sounds like you’re asking about low-ish level buffering, which for WAMP will be handled by the underlying transport (e.g. TCP, or maybe TCP and WebSocket). Of course, if you send a single WAMP message that is 1GB it will have to be buffered … so this is partially up to the application level.

Note that Crossbar inter-operates with much of MQTT so you can mix-and-match clients; if you choose to use crossbar+WAMP for most of your messaging, MQTT-only clients can also participate.

Excellent, thanks for pointing this out. In any case, I found this is handled by Crossbar with the option max_message_size inside the transport type (as you said).