Heroku hosting

Hi,

I am building mobile application that use PubSub server using wamp protocol.

My server is written in AutobahnPython and my client is using AutobahnAndroid.

I want to host my Wamp server on heroku, so i can enjoy free hosting while developing

without having to maintain Dynamic IP changes or having my computer run all the time.

The problem is when i upload my wamp server

just after the DEBUG log for “opening handshake received”

i get “fail connection [code = 3, reason = WebSockets connection lost” (in DEBUG log).

of course no further usage of the connection object can be made after this error.

Also i have tried to connect the server with browser wamp client, which

got “Error during WebSocket handshake: Sec-WebSocket-Protocol mismatch”

I have tested this server on my local network and it is working perfectly,

I have also configured port forwarding so i can test connection from mobile network

and it also worked.

Can someone please advise my how to further investigate this issue?

I would also like to know whether someone has successfully hosted

his wamp server on Heroku.

P.S.

I have enabled websockets lab on Heroku, and i am using their PORT environment variable

for the wamp server, and the client is configured to connect using port 80 (like heroku’s tutorial says)

thanks,

Shuky Chen.

0 Likes

They might have a ws proxy in front of your stuff that strips the ws protocol header. Ask on Heroku. Or: run over secure websocket (wss) and terminate the TLS on your server so no proxy can modify the traffic. Also try to enable both ws and wamp debug logging on autobahn server and report complete log here … we find out whatsgoing on.

/Tobias

···

Sent from Mobile (Google Nexus 4)

Am 05.11.2013 18:48 schrieb “שוקי חן” shukyc...@gmail.com:

Hi,

I am building mobile application that use PubSub server using wamp protocol.

My server is written in AutobahnPython and my client is using AutobahnAndroid.

I want to host my Wamp server on heroku, so i can enjoy free hosting while developing

without having to maintain Dynamic IP changes or having my computer run all the time.

The problem is when i upload my wamp server

just after the DEBUG log for “opening handshake received”

i get “fail connection [code = 3, reason = WebSockets connection lost” (in DEBUG log).

of course no further usage of the connection object can be made after this error.

Also i have tried to connect the server with browser wamp client, which

got “Error during WebSocket handshake: Sec-WebSocket-Protocol mismatch”

I have tested this server on my local network and it is working perfectly,

I have also configured port forwarding so i can test connection from mobile network

and it also worked.

Can someone please advise my how to further investigate this issue?

I would also like to know whether someone has successfully hosted

his wamp server on Heroku.

P.S.

I have enabled websockets lab on Heroku, and i am using their PORT environment variable

for the wamp server, and the client is configured to connect using port 80 (like heroku’s tutorial says)

thanks,

Shuky Chen.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Autobahn” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to autobahnws+...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 Likes