Handshake problem with autobahnCpp client and crossbar

Dear All,

When I check the crossbar version it tell me that I am using…

Crossbar.io : 0.13.2
Autobahn : 0.14.0 (with JSON, MessagePack, CBOR)
Twisted : 16.1.1-EPollReactor
LMDB : 0.89/lmdb-0.9.18
Python : 3.5.1/CPython
OS : Linux-3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64-x86_64-with-redhat-7.1-Nitrogen
Machine : x86_64

I then start-up my crossbar router and try to connect with my autobahnCpp client. I get the following error message during the handshaking…

… failing WebSocket opening handshake (‘This server only speaks WebSocket subprotocols wamp.2.cbor.batched, wamp.2.cbor, wamp.2.json.batched, wamp.2.json’)

I am not sure why it fails. My guess is that crossbar is not using msgpack-C format. Perhaps I have not installed it correctly although the version command output shown above would suggest that it is recognised by crossbar. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stewart

0 Likes

I realised that I was missing the u-msgpack-python package. After installing this it fixed the problem. I thought it had been installed already when I read the ‘crossbar version’ message. I think the message could be improved to avoid confusion in the future.

···

On Thursday, 12 May 2016 15:43:55 UTC+2, Stewart McLay wrote:

Dear All,

When I check the crossbar version it tell me that I am using…

Crossbar.io : 0.13.2
Autobahn : 0.14.0 (with JSON, MessagePack, CBOR)
Twisted : 16.1.1-EPollReactor
LMDB : 0.89/lmdb-0.9.18
Python : 3.5.1/CPython
OS : Linux-3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64-x86_64-with-redhat-7.1-Nitrogen
Machine : x86_64

I then start-up my crossbar router and try to connect with my autobahnCpp client. I get the following error message during the handshaking…

… failing WebSocket opening handshake (‘This server only speaks WebSocket subprotocols wamp.2.cbor.batched, wamp.2.cbor, wamp.2.json.batched, wamp.2.json’)

I am not sure why it fails. My guess is that crossbar is not using msgpack-C format. Perhaps I have not installed it correctly although the version command output shown above would suggest that it is recognised by crossbar. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stewart

0 Likes