error: no member named 'provide_v'

Hi everyone,

I was settings up AutoBahn on my Linux system today using Clang over GCC, and ran into a few errors (from this link).

Firstly, when I was starting to build the examples (here), I had to change this:

export BOOST_ROOT=${HOME}/boost_trunk_gcc

to this:

export BOOST_ROOT=${HOME}/boost_1_57_0

I am curious as to why this change needed to be made.

Afterwards, I tried building the examples by changing directories into AutobahnCpp/examples/ and then typing the following command:

scons -u -j 4

I keep getting errors such as the following:

···

examples/register2.cpp:132:37: error: no member named ‘provide_v’ in 'autobahn::session<boost::asio::basic_stream_socket<boost::asio::ip::tcp,

boost::asio::stream_socket_serviceboost::asio::ip::tcp >, boost::asio::basic_stream_socket<boost::asio::ip::tcp, boost::asio::stream_socket_serviceboost::asio::ip::tcp >

'; did you mean ‘provide’?

auto r2 = session.provide_v(“com.myapp.cpp.add_diff_mul”, &add_diff_mul)

^~~~~~~~~

provide

autobahn/autobahn.hpp:261:45: note: ‘provide’ declared here

inline boost::future provide(const std::string& procedure, E endpoint, const provide_options& options = provide_options());

^

examples/register2.cpp:138:37: error: no member named ‘provide_fvm’ in 'autobahn::session<boost::asio::basic_stream_socket<boost::asio::ip::tcp,

boost::asio::stream_socket_serviceboost::asio::ip::tcp >, boost::asio::basic_stream_socket<boost::asio::ip::tcp, boost::asio::stream_socket_serviceboost::asio::ip::tcp >

auto r3 = session.provide_fvm(“com.myapp.cpp.somemath”, &somemath)

2 errors generated.

scons: *** [build/examples/register2.o] Error 1

scons: building terminated because of errors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone knows why these issues are arising, I would greatly appreciate some help.

Thank You,

Sohit

</details>
0 Likes