Error after upgrade to v0.7.4: WebSocket closes, response code 500

When using Autobahn with Python 2.7.4 on Ubuntu 13.04 64bit, after updating from v0.6.5 to v0.7.4 and changing from autobahn.websocket import WebSocketServerProtocol to from autobahn.twisted.websocket import WebSocketServerProtocol, when opening a WebSocket from the Chrome console, the WebSocket closes (onOpen and onConnect are not called at all), onClose is called with the following parameters:

wasClean: False, code: 1006, reason: connection was closed uncleanly (None)

The browser console shows the following error message:

WebSocket connection to ‘ws://localhost:9000/’ failed: Unexpected response code: 500

Everything was working properly before the update and works after downgrading to v0.6.5: What am I missing?

Thanks!

0 Likes

I managed to have v0.7.4 work properly: here are the issues:

Works in 0.6.5 but not in 0.7.4:

def onConnect(self, connectionRequest):

self.peer = connectionRequest.peerstr

Works in 0.7.4:

def onConnect(self, connectionRequest):

self.peer = str(connectionRequest.peer)

Works in 0.6.5 but not in 0.7.4:

sendMessage(msg, binary=False)

Works in 0.7.4:

sendMessage(msg, isBinary=False)

···

On Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:51:50 AM UTC+1, Alessandro wrote:

When using Autobahn with Python 2.7.4 on Ubuntu 13.04 64bit, after updating from v0.6.5 to v0.7.4 and changing from autobahn.websocket import WebSocketServerProtocol to from autobahn.twisted.websocket import WebSocketServerProtocol, when opening a WebSocket from the Chrome console, the WebSocket closes (onOpen and onConnect are not called at all), onClose is called with the following parameters:

wasClean: False, code: 1006, reason: connection was closed uncleanly (None)

The browser console shows the following error message:

WebSocket connection to ‘ws://localhost:9000/’ failed: Unexpected response code: 500

Everything was working properly before the update and works after downgrading to v0.6.5: What am I missing?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Yes, there were some small changes .. I've improved the "upgrade docs":

https://github.com/tavendo/AutobahnPython#upgrading-from-autobahn--070

Sorry for inconvenience!

/Tobias

···

Am 18.01.2014 04:42, schrieb Alessandro:

I managed to have v0.7.4 work properly: here are the issues:

0 Likes