Crossbar unable to handle more than 1000 active connections -- 100% CPU usage

Hi,

I have trying to do a load test on my machine, with just 1000 active connections, the CPU usage is 100%, the machine i am using is 8GB memory with 4 CPU cores, they are pretty powerful machine, with memory usage sits around 1%. the machines are EBS optimized. c4.xlarge machines.

The crossbar application sits behind an ELB --> Nginx --> upstream as crossbar. Any helps or suggestions how i might overcome this ?

• No error on nginx or system side.
0 Likes

Adding more to my research the machine handles around 800 active connections easily with just 0.7% CPU load, it only when it goes above 900 connections that the cPU usage just becomes 100% maxes out. Furthermore, the process is for crossbar-controller, whereas crossbar-router process is still low usage.

ยทยทยท

On Monday, 23 February 2015 11:45:51 UTC+11, harshad bhatia wrote:

Hi,

I have trying to do a load test on my machine, with just 1000 active connections, the CPU usage is 100%, the machine i am using is 8GB memory with 4 CPU cores, they are pretty powerful machine, with memory usage sits around 1%. the machines are EBS optimized. c4.xlarge machines.

The crossbar application sits behind an ELB --> Nginx --> upstream as crossbar. Any helps or suggestions how i might overcome this ?

• No error on nginx or system side.
0 Likes