Crossbar & Postgre SQL

Hello,
I am Crossbar newbie, but I am very charmed by its abilities. I am using it for my Arduino IoT project and it works very well. I use NodeJS serialport lib + Crossbar to publish events from Arduino to browser (Autobahn). What i would like to do is to store some log data into PostgreSQL DB. After some struggling, I managed to deploy router (on crossbar 0.11) with Postgres support. I am able to see 3 procedures/functions in my database - publish, register, call. But I saw that only publish is documented and it seems that call is not implemented yet. I have written a PL/SQL procedure - “log” and i would like to register and use it. Is there any documentation, how can i do that and/or any example for crossbar json config (procedures registration)? And do You plan full support of Postgress / when? Many thanks…

0 Likes

Hi Martin!

“charmed by its abilities” is something I haven’t heard before - so thanks for both the praise and the wording!

Unfortunately there is no documentation that I could point you beyond what you’ve already read (there are also the https://github.com/crossbario/crossbarexamples/tree/master/database/postgresql). The PostgreSQL integration is also still a work in progress. We do plan to have full support for all four roles at some point in the future, but I cannot give you a definitive timeline.

Sorry that I can’t be more helpful at the moment.

Regards,

Alex

···

Am Donnerstag, 10. September 2015 10:59:52 UTC+2 schrieb Martin Vágovszký:

Hello,
I am Crossbar newbie, but I am very charmed by its abilities. I am using it for my Arduino IoT project and it works very well. I use NodeJS serialport lib + Crossbar to publish events from Arduino to browser (Autobahn). What i would like to do is to store some log data into PostgreSQL DB. After some struggling, I managed to deploy router (on crossbar 0.11) with Postgres support. I am able to see 3 procedures/functions in my database - publish, register, call. But I saw that only publish is documented and it seems that call is not implemented yet. I have written a PL/SQL procedure - “log” and i would like to register and use it. Is there any documentation, how can i do that and/or any example for crossbar json config (procedures registration)? And do You plan full support of Postgress / when? Many thanks…

0 Likes

Alex,
thanks for Your response… I am not expert in English, but i am doing my best :slight_smile: Anyways, I came from AJAX world and features of Crossbar completely changed my mind.

So I will prepare some workaround of my problem and can’t wait to full Postgres support.

Martin

Dne čtvrtek 10. září 2015 12:25:24 UTC+2 Alexander Gödde napsal(a):

···

Hi Martin!

“charmed by its abilities” is something I haven’t heard before - so thanks for both the praise and the wording!

Unfortunately there is no documentation that I could point you beyond what you’ve already read (there are also the https://github.com/crossbario/crossbarexamples/tree/master/database/postgresql). The PostgreSQL integration is also still a work in progress. We do plan to have full support for all four roles at some point in the future, but I cannot give you a definitive timeline.

Sorry that I can’t be more helpful at the moment.

Regards,

Alex

Am Donnerstag, 10. September 2015 10:59:52 UTC+2 schrieb Martin Vágovszký:

Hello,

0 Likes