Crossbar.io message retainment and QoS questions

Hello,

I have some questions about Crossbar.io’s architeture, I was unable to find answers by my own.
I need this information to decide if Crossbar.io suits for my needs for a IoT application.

1. In a cenario where Crossbar.io is overload with message exchange, it acts like a queue and retain messages until all receivers are able to get the message?

2. In a case of failure, Crossbar.io persists messages until delivery? What happen when one or all receivers are down? Or when for some reason Crossbar.io process dies, undelivered messages are lost?

3. Crossbar.io offers some type of QoS?

Ty,
Luiz

0 Likes

Hello Luiz!

Hello,

I have some questions about Crossbar.io’s architeture, I was unable to find answers by my own.
I need this information to decide if Crossbar.io suits for my needs for a IoT application

1. In a cenario where Crossbar.io is overload with message exchange, it acts like a queue and retain messages until all receivers are able to get the message?

Crossbar.io retains messages until the current delivery queue has been served.

1. In a case of failure, Crossbar.io persists messages until delivery? What happen when one or all receivers are down? Or when for some reason Crossbar.io process dies, undelivered messages are lost?

There is currently no persistence. If a receiver is not connected at the time a PubSub event is being dispatched by Crossbar.io, then this client will not receive the message. Crossbar.io also currently does not persist messages across restarts.

Message persistence and delivery guarantees need to be implemented at the application level.

1. Crossbar.io offers some type of QoS?

There are no QoS mechanisms in Crossbar.io.

Ty,
Luiz

Regards,

Alex

0 Likes