Crossbar.io and PHP-CGI

I use Apache or nginx to server PHP scripts. Then I decided to implement some RT communication with Crossbar.io ( I did that by using python or php/thawte ).

Is it possible to forward scripts to php5-cgi or is this meant only for Python CGI scripts ? My goal is to use crossbar.io as only serving platform.

0 Likes

Ok, I figured it out. I can use php as CGI :
“script”: {
“type”: “cgi”,
“directory”: “…/cgi”,
“processor”: “/usr/bin/php”
}

``

Problem was that I didn’t specified headers.

<?php echo "Content-Type: text/html\n\n"; echo "Hello World"; ?>

``

Well okay, now I still have to implement the whole serving mechanism :slight_smile: like rewrites if I want to use some php mvc. Any suggestions ?

···

On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 2:28:03 PM UTC+2, Gregor Pohajac wrote:

I use Apache or nginx to server PHP scripts. Then I decided to implement some RT communication with Crossbar.io ( I did that by using python or php/thawte ).

Is it possible to forward scripts to php5-cgi or is this meant only for Python CGI scripts ? My goal is to use crossbar.io as only serving platform.

0 Likes

Hi Gregor,

sorry for the sluggish response (I missed this thread).

As you already found out yourself, yes, you can use any CGI compatible “thing”, which includes PHP.

Well okay, now I still have to implement the whole serving mechanism :slight_smile: like rewrites if I want to use some php mvc. Any suggestions ?

To be honest, I don’t understand the question. What “serving mechanism”?

PHP behind Crossbar.io via CGI works “the same” (in principle) as PHP behind Apache. There isn’t any magic added or remove … it’s just CGI.

But likely I just don’t get what you are asking for?

Cheers,
/Tobias

···

Am Dienstag, 19. Mai 2015 14:44:59 UTC+2 schrieb Gregor Pohajac:

Ok, I figured it out. I can use php as CGI :
“script”: {
“type”: “cgi”,
“directory”: “…/cgi”,
“processor”: “/usr/bin/php”
}

``

Problem was that I didn’t specified headers.

<?php echo "Content-Type: text/html\n\n"; echo "Hello World"; ?>

``

On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 2:28:03 PM UTC+2, Gregor Pohajac wrote:

0 Likes