configuring the web server

I've built up a program around some of the sample code and I would like to make some changes to the webserer(enable caching primarily) configuration, but I don't understand what webserver is hosting my pages, and how to configure it to enable caching.

Can anyone help clarify the webserver provided in the sample projects?

Thank you,

Arc

0 Likes

Hi Andy!

AFAIK the Web server is provided by the Twisted framework. (I’ve never personally tried to configure this, so can’t help you there, unfortunately.)

Regards,

Alex

···

Am Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2015 07:53:18 UTC+2 schrieb Andy Crafts:

I’ve built up a program around some of the sample code and I would like to make some changes to the webserer(enable caching primarily) configuration, but I don’t understand what webserver is hosting my pages, and how to configure it to enable caching.

Thank you,

Arc

0 Likes

Andy,

Alex is right: the Web server that is built into Crossbar.io is based on Twisted Web. This is a nice, simple and capable Web server, and just fine for many situation. But it doesn’t match say Nginx feature wise (and it is also slower than Nginx). E.g. it does not have caching.

If you want caching, I’d recommend to use Nginx for hosting your static assets. We can’t reimplement all the features of Nginx in Crossbar.io (and that would be a dubious strategy anyway).

Cheers,
/Tobias

···

Am Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2015 07:53:18 UTC+2 schrieb Andy Crafts:

I’ve built up a program around some of the sample code and I would like to make some changes to the webserer(enable caching primarily) configuration, but I don’t understand what webserver is hosting my pages, and how to configure it to enable caching.

Thank you,

Arc

0 Likes