I wrote a server (WebSocketServerFactory) and it’s all clustered. Not using pub/sub. Cluster server client is sub class of ReconnectingClientFactory, WebSocketClientFactory.
I am not using any tick, ping or pong currently (to all clients WebSocketClientFactory and Js/Flash clients). Just to understand their importance and requirement in real time. And understand the errors, issues I will face without it. The server clients (WebSocketClientFactory) still have a reconnection logic at lost or failed.
Now as expected I am facing issues for disconnection after some time.
So, can one reply on my following question:
- What is the idle time out for JS/Flash clients. Does different browser have different timeouts.
- How to call ping/pong from js/flash clients I am not using autobahn js. We have our own flash (flex) and JS client.
- What is the idle time out for server clients (WebSocketClientFactory).
- Similar question I guess, will WebSocketServerFactory disconnect any client without any interactivity after n duration? If yes then what would be that duration and can we set that.
- When (after what duration) we need to call ping or pong and from where to call, server to client or client to server.
- What is the role of tick function (#self.protocol.sendMessage()).
- Is there a way to set the max idle time out.
- Will server die itself after a duration without any interactivity. Like after 5 days or any duration.
- At times my js client taking time to connect to server (first time), any idea why? Or thats my code’s person sins.
I am getting this message : (peer dropped the TCP connection without previous WebSocket closing handshake). Any idea it’s for js/flash clients or server cluster client (WebSocketClientFactory). And how to close handshake properly. I am not using autobahn js.
If there is anything else any one like to mention (keep in mind thing) about reconnection, heartbeat and all please do it will be great help.