Clients idle time out

Hi,

I wrote a server (WebSocketServerFactory) and it’s all clustered. Not using pub/sub. Cluster server client is sub class of ReconnectingClientFactory, WebSocketClientFactory.

I am not using any tick, ping or pong currently (to all clients WebSocketClientFactory and Js/Flash clients). Just to understand their importance and requirement in real time. And understand the errors, issues I will face without it. The server clients (WebSocketClientFactory) still have a reconnection logic at lost or failed.

Now as expected I am facing issues for disconnection after some time.

So, can one reply on my following question:

• What is the idle time out for JS/Flash clients. Does different browser have different timeouts.
  • How to call ping/pong from js/flash clients I am not using autobahn js. We have our own flash (flex) and JS client.
  • What is the idle time out for server clients (WebSocketClientFactory).
  • Similar question I guess, will WebSocketServerFactory disconnect any client without any interactivity after n duration? If yes then what would be that duration and can we set that.
  • When (after what duration) we need to call ping or pong and from where to call, server to client or client to server.
  • What is the role of tick function (#self.protocol.sendMessage()).
  • Is there a way to set the max idle time out.
  • Will server die itself after a duration without any interactivity. Like after 5 days or any duration.
  • At times my js client taking time to connect to server (first time), any idea why? Or thats my code’s person sins.

I am getting this message : (peer dropped the TCP connection without previous WebSocket closing handshake). Any idea it’s for js/flash clients or server cluster client (WebSocketClientFactory). And how to close handshake properly. I am not using autobahn js.

If there is anything else any one like to mention (keep in mind thing) about reconnection, heartbeat and all please do it will be great help.

Thanks,

Chuck.

0 Likes

Any reply on this… any one…? Let me know incase any point is not clear.

···

On Sunday, March 30, 2014 12:27:10 PM UTC-4, Chuck James wrote:

Hi,

I wrote a server (WebSocketServerFactory) and it’s all clustered. Not using pub/sub. Cluster server client is sub class of ReconnectingClientFactory, WebSocketClientFactory.

I am not using any tick, ping or pong currently (to all clients WebSocketClientFactory and Js/Flash clients). Just to understand their importance and requirement in real time. And understand the errors, issues I will face without it. The server clients (WebSocketClientFactory) still have a reconnection logic at lost or failed.

• What is the idle time out for JS/Flash clients. Does different browser have different timeouts.
  • How to call ping/pong from js/flash clients I am not using autobahn js. We have our own flash (flex) and JS client.
  • What is the idle time out for server clients (WebSocketClientFactory).
  • Similar question I guess, will WebSocketServerFactory disconnect any client without any interactivity after n duration? If yes then what would be that duration and can we set that.
  • When (after what duration) we need to call ping or pong and from where to call, server to client or client to server.
  • What is the role of tick function (#self.protocol.sendMessage()).
  • Is there a way to set the max idle time out.
  • Will server die itself after a duration without any interactivity. Like after 5 days or any duration.
  • At times my js client taking time to connect to server (first time), any idea why? Or thats my code’s person sins.

I am getting this message : (peer dropped the TCP connection without previous WebSocket closing handshake). Any idea it’s for js/flash clients or server cluster client (WebSocketClientFactory). And how to close handshake properly. I am not using autobahn js.

If there is anything else any one like to mention (keep in mind thing) about reconnection, heartbeat and all please do it will be great help.

Thanks,

Chuck.

0 Likes

Hi,

I wrote a server (WebSocketServerFactory) and it's all
clustered. *Not using pub/sub*. Cluster server client is sub class of
ReconnectingClientFactory, WebSocketClientFactory.

I am not using any tick, ping or pong currently (to all clients
WebSocketClientFactory and Js/Flash clients). Just to understand their
importance and requirement in real time. And understand the errors,
issues I will face without it. The server clients
(WebSocketClientFactory) still have a reconnection logic at lost or failed.

* What is the idle time out for JS/Flash clients. Does different
    browser have different timeouts.

I don't know about Flash clients - with browsers at least, I haven't seen the browser itself timeout a WebSocket connection upon non-activity .. but intermediaries, like NAT and other do timeout.

* How to call ping/pong from js/flash clients I am not using autobahn
    js. We have our own flash (flex) and JS client.

You cannot issue WebSocket pings or answer pongs from JavaScript running in browsers.

* What is the idle time out for server clients (WebSocketClientFactory).

There is no timeout.

* Similar question I guess, will WebSocketServerFactory disconnect any
    client without any interactivity after n duration? If yes then what
    would be that duration and can we set that.

No.

* When (after what duration) we need to call ping or pong and from
    where to call, server to client or client to server.

Sorry, unclear what you are asking ..

* What is the role of tick function (#self.protocol.sendMessage()).

What tick function?

* Is there a way to set the max idle time out.

N.a. as there is no timeout.

* Will server die itself after a duration without any interactivity.
    Like after 5 days or any duration.

No.

* At times my js client taking time to connect to server (first time),
    any idea why? Or thats my code's person sins.

Unclear what your are asking ..

···

Am 30.03.2014 18:27, schrieb Chuck James:

I am getting this message : *(peer dropped the TCP connection without
previous WebSocket closing handshake)*. Any idea it's for js/flash
clients or server cluster client (WebSocketClientFactory). And how to
close handshake properly. I am not using autobahn js.

If there is anything else any one like to mention (keep in mind thing)
about reconnection, heartbeat and all please do it will be great help.

Thanks,
Chuck.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Autobahn" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to autobahnws+...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:autobahnws+...@googlegroups.com>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 Likes