clear topic's event_history

Is it possible to manually purge a topics event_history? The specific use case I have is live streaming stdout/stderr for a running process. I’m publishing each line of stdout/stderr to a topic with history enabled. Clients subscribe and receive the history and subsequent lines as events. When the process exits I’d like to purge the history since it is no longer needed, and can get quite large.

0 Likes

Hi Brad!

This is not a feature which is currently available, but it’s not something which is obviously out of scope as a future enhancement. It’s probably best to file an issue for this with crossbar.io, giving your use case - or maybe offer to implement it yourself if you want to get there quickly :wink:

Regards,

Alex

···

Am Dienstag, 26. Juli 2016 20:12:56 UTC+2 schrieb Brad Rydzewski:

Is it possible to manually purge a topics event_history? The specific use case I have is live streaming stdout/stderr for a running process. I’m publishing each line of stdout/stderr to a topic with history enabled. Clients subscribe and receive the history and subsequent lines as events. When the process exits I’d like to purge the history since it is no longer needed, and can get quite large.

0 Likes