Callee expiration?

Does Crossbar / Autobhan has any kind of ‘callee expiration’, where the callee gets unregistered if no one is using that RPC provider?

I have a NodeJS callee running with ‘forever’ on Azure, started few days back. It was working great at that point of time (clients called it successfully from browser at that time).

After few days of inactivity, Today from the same webpage, I see “wamp.error.no_such_procedure”" when making the RPC call (and the backend nodejs is running fine with no problems in the ‘forever’).

0 Likes

Hi!

Crossbar.io does not have a “callee expiration”. My guess would be that the actual WebSocket connection got disconnected at some point due to inactivity. Try turning on pings in the WebSocket options http://crossbar.io/docs/WebSocket-Options/ and see if this fixes things.

Regards,

Alex

···

Am Dienstag, 26. Januar 2016 16:55:59 UTC+1 schrieb Gopalakrishna Palem:

Does Crossbar / Autobhan has any kind of ‘callee expiration’, where the callee gets unregistered if no one is using that RPC provider?

I have a NodeJS callee running with ‘forever’ on Azure, started few days back. It was working great at that point of time (clients called it successfully from browser at that time).

After few days of inactivity, Today from the same webpage, I see “wamp.error.no_such_procedure”" when making the RPC call (and the backend nodejs is running fine with no problems in the ‘forever’).

0 Likes

Thank you.

In our case the pings are already enabled, but not sure if they help - because the client (web browser) disconnected long time back. That is, the callee had clients for almost a week.

So, what would happen if there is an RPC provider (callee), with no clients for long time? Would the callee go stale? Below is the configuration we were using:

"options": {

"enable_webstatus": true,

"enable_hixie76": false,

"max_frame_size": 1048576,

"max_message_size": 1048576,

"auto_fragment_size": 65536,

"fail_by_drop": true,

"open_handshake_timeout": 2500,

"close_handshake_timeout": 1000,

"auto_ping_interval": 10000,

"auto_ping_timeout": 5000,

"auto_ping_size": 4,

"compression": {

"deflate": {

}

}

···

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 9:32:24 PM UTC+5:30, Alexander Gödde wrote:

Hi!

Crossbar.io does not have a “callee expiration”. My guess would be that the actual WebSocket connection got disconnected at some point due to inactivity. Try turning on pings in the WebSocket options http://crossbar.io/docs/WebSocket-Options/ and see if this fixes things.

Regards,

Alex

Am Dienstag, 26. Januar 2016 16:55:59 UTC+1 schrieb Gopalakrishna Palem:

0 Likes

So, what would happen if there is an RPC provider (callee), with no
clients for long time? Would the callee go stale? Below is the
configuration we were using

A callee does not have "clients". A callee's lifetime is independent of there being sessions with callers that do calls which get routed to the callee. The term "stale" hence does not apply.

Cheers
/Tobias

0 Likes