AutobahnJS on Android Browser (V4)

Hi,

It seems that AutobahnJS isn’t working with the default Browser on Android.

I Tested the Android Browser V4.0.3. The error talks about a Float64Array… (See image)

My knowledge of JS is small, so I don’t know how serious this error is / how an appropriate fix would look like.

Can someone guess the work to “fix” this?

In my opinion, it is important to support this browser at the current state of time as marketshare.com displays a share of about 20% on Mobile.

Thanks,

Dominique

0 Likes

Hi Dominique!

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Since the stock Android browser doesn’t support WebSocket, until recently we did not include it in our tests for AutobahnJS.

With AutobahnJS now supporting Longpoll as a fallback, we’ll try to fix any issues with the pre-4.4. browser. (Starting with 4.4., Chrome is both the default browser and what the Android WebView uses, so there should be no problems there.)

I’ve added the Float64Arrar error to the GitHub issue regarding older browsers (https://github.com/tavendo/AutobahnJS/issues/108).

BTW - what is that JavaScript console you’re using in the screenshot? Some add-on/app? Could really use this when we start testing with the Android browser!

Regards,

Alex

···

Am Donnerstag, 9. Oktober 2014 14:16:49 UTC+2 schrieb Dominique Burnand:

Hi,

I Tested the Android Browser V4.0.3. The error talks about a Float64Array… (See image)

My knowledge of JS is small, so I don’t know how serious this error is / how an appropriate fix would look like.

In my opinion, it is important to support this browser at the current state of time as marketshare.com displays a share of about 20% on Mobile.

Thanks,

Dominique

0 Likes

Hi Alex,

Sounds promising.

The JS-Log/Console can get opened by entering about:debug in the url-bar.

Regards,

Dominique

···

Am Donnerstag, 9. Oktober 2014 16:12:36 UTC+2 schrieb Alexander Gödde:

Hi Dominique!

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Since the stock Android browser doesn’t support WebSocket, until recently we did not include it in our tests for AutobahnJS.

With AutobahnJS now supporting Longpoll as a fallback, we’ll try to fix any issues with the pre-4.4. browser. (Starting with 4.4., Chrome is both the default browser and what the Android WebView uses, so there should be no problems there.)

I’ve added the Float64Arrar error to the GitHub issue regarding older browsers (https://github.com/tavendo/AutobahnJS/issues/108).

BTW - what is that JavaScript console you’re using in the screenshot? Some add-on/app? Could really use this when we start testing with the Android browser!

Regards,

Alex

Am Donnerstag, 9. Oktober 2014 14:16:49 UTC+2 schrieb Dominique Burnand:

Hi,

Thanks,

Dominique

0 Likes