Autobahn onOpenHandshakeTimeout consistently firing

I just ran across Autobahn today and figured since I was writing my own websocket server I might as well see how it stands up to some tests. So I downloaded and installed the wstest package and kicked off a fuzzing client. The websocket server and the wstest are both running on the same box, so I figured I’d just point the fuzzingclient at localhost and let it go.

However, Autobahn keeps timing out at the open handshake even though I’m watching my server send a valid response back well within the 5 seconds allotted.

I know that other clients are able to receive the handshake (browsers, mobile, etc) because I have some client apps hitting my server just fine. So to see Autobahn keep looping on test 1 because it’s timing out is odd to me. Is there something I need to do to ensure everything is working out well?

Thanks for any help,

-Ian

0 Likes

Hi,

Not sure whether I can be of any help, but I encountered a similar problem once with WampSharp. A simple websocket server implementation used to work for Wampy.js but not for WampSharp. Turned out my implementation sent the http header response in multiple TCP packets, and the websocket library WampSharp was using couldn’t handle it. When I started sending the http response header in 1 packet, it all started working.

Probably autobahns implementation doesn’t contain that bug, but who knows…

Greetings,

Johan

···

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 11:14:22 AM UTC+1, Ian Washburne wrote:

I just ran across Autobahn today and figured since I was writing my own websocket server I might as well see how it stands up to some tests. So I downloaded and installed the wstest package and kicked off a fuzzing client. The websocket server and the wstest are both running on the same box, so I figured I’d just point the fuzzingclient at localhost and let it go.

However, Autobahn keeps timing out at the open handshake even though I’m watching my server send a valid response back well within the 5 seconds allotted.

I know that other clients are able to receive the handshake (browsers, mobile, etc) because I have some client apps hitting my server just fine. So to see Autobahn keep looping on test 1 because it’s timing out is odd to me. Is there something I need to do to ensure everything is working out well?

Thanks for any help,

-Ian

0 Likes