Autobahn asyncio sendMessage

Hi,

I’m quite new to python, no say to asyncio. I’m struggling to understand how to sendMessage on request. I understand WAMP would be the way to move forward in any case. but at this point I think WAMP it might be a bit to much for what I want to be doing. maybe once I get the hand of this I might use WAMP, but not at the moment as I want to keep it simple.

I’m trying to add some simple send message every 5 seconds from the echo example, or a counter… I feel there is very little documentation on how to actually use autobahn non WAMP.

is there any advise on how to implement this?

0 Likes

Looks like one of the big reasons for me not to go WAMP is that I’m going to be using Arduino MKR1000 and doesn’t looks like I would be able to do anything there.

···

On Thursday, 4 August 2016 16:14:55 UTC, Marco Phillips wrote:

Hi,

I’m quite new to python, no say to asyncio. I’m struggling to understand how to sendMessage on request. I understand WAMP would be the way to move forward in any case. but at this point I think WAMP it might be a bit to much for what I want to be doing. maybe once I get the hand of this I might use WAMP, but not at the moment as I want to keep it simple.

I’m trying to add some simple send message every 5 seconds from the echo example, or a counter… I feel there is very little documentation on how to actually use autobahn non WAMP.

0 Likes

the SAMD21 MCU on the MKR1000 is not a “computer” sized system. the SAMD21 only has enough horsepower and resources for driving the Arduino board as a raw component. It only has 256K flash and 32K ram. you’re very limited with what you can put on this system in terms of computing resources. like the Arduino, you’ll probably need to write most of the code yourself in the context of a non-operating system computer.

the crossbar.io WAMP components do actually fit nicely on a raspberry pi, even the older ones. startup time is almost a minute but once all of crossbar and your app are started, responsiveness is fast.

···

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Marco Phillips maco...@gmail.com wrote:

Looks like one of the big reasons for me not to go WAMP is that I’m going to be using Arduino MKR1000 and doesn’t looks like I would be able to do anything there.

Hi,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Autobahn” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to autobahnws+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to autob...@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/6026acfe-747b-459d-a400-d25c0f2a588a%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Gay/FireRescue/Geek in 33484, USA
It’s the ideals of Linux and Open Source that are amazing, it embodies what WE want, not what is marketed

0 Likes

Yep, David is right: Crossbar.io minimum system is a Linux like thing with probably 64MB RAM - and we currently don’t have plans to go below that. With Autobahn, the story is a bit different. Using AutobahnC++ will get you down to smaller devices, but it still needs Posix/TCP. Going down to a MCU with 32kB RAM isn’t possible with AutobahnC++ - we will (eventually, because our work queue is overfull) get there using https://github.com/crossbario/autobahn-c

···

Am Donnerstag, 4. August 2016 20:53:18 UTC+2 schrieb David Ford:

the SAMD21 MCU on the MKR1000 is not a “computer” sized system. the SAMD21 only has enough horsepower and resources for driving the Arduino board as a raw component. It only has 256K flash and 32K ram. you’re very limited with what you can put on this system in terms of computing resources. like the Arduino, you’ll probably need to write most of the code yourself in the context of a non-operating system computer.

the crossbar.io WAMP components do actually fit nicely on a raspberry pi, even the older ones. startup time is almost a minute but once all of crossbar and your app are started, responsiveness is fast.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Marco Phillips maco...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Autobahn” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to autobahnws+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to autob...@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/6026acfe-747b-459d-a400-d25c0f2a588a%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Gay/FireRescue/Geek in 33484, USA
It’s the ideals of Linux and Open Source that are amazing, it embodies what WE want, not what is marketed

0 Likes