Android Client for Autobahn on WAMP2 is too late

#1

We are waiting the second version for Android Client for a long time. Are there any progress or expectations
Also, are there any alternatives? Should I downgrade to version one? or use another websocket tool like Spacebrew

Please advise

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

#2

We are accepting PRs. I have too much to do, sorry.

···

Am Mittwoch, 19. November 2014 12:49:00 UTC+1 schrieb Hatim Mahdy:

We are waiting the second version for Android Client for a long time. Are there any progress or expectations
Also, are there any alternatives? Should I downgrade to version one? or use another websocket tool like Spacebrew

Please advise

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

#3

Any further update on this? Seems that the Autobahn|CPP library is only a few thousand lines of code and supports WAMPv2. Based on that, I wouldn’t expect that the Android java based version would be much more code?

···

On Friday, 21 November 2014 16:36:43 UTC-5, Tobias Oberstein wrote:

We are accepting PRs. I have too much to do, sorry.

Am Mittwoch, 19. November 2014 12:49:00 UTC+1 schrieb Hatim Mahdy:

We are waiting the second version for Android Client for a long time. Are there any progress or expectations
Also, are there any alternatives? Should I downgrade to version one? or use another websocket tool like Spacebrew

Please advise

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

#4

Any further update on this? Seems that the Autobahn|CPP library is only

Nope. I have no time, and nobody stepped up with a PR ..

a few thousand lines of code and supports WAMPv2. Based on that, I
wouldn't expect that the Android java based version would be much more code?

Correct.

···

Am 07.01.2015 um 16:57 schrieb David Chappelle:

0 Likes

#5

There may be something in the works on my end. I’ll keep this thread updated.

···

On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 11:50:53 UTC-5, Tobias Oberstein wrote:

Am 07.01.2015 um 16:57 schrieb David Chappelle:

Any further update on this? Seems that the Autobahn|CPP library is only

Nope. I have no time, and nobody stepped up with a PR …

a few thousand lines of code and supports WAMPv2. Based on that, I

wouldn’t expect that the Android java based version would be much more code?

Correct.

0 Likes

#6

Hi David!

Would be wonderful if you could do something here - we just don’t have the resources at the moment, and the lack of an Android client is the biggest remaining gap in the WAMP ecosystem.

We’re here to answer any questions you have about the implementation.

Regards,

Alex

···

Am Dienstag, 13. Januar 2015 22:01:35 UTC+1 schrieb David Chappelle:

There may be something in the works on my end. I’ll keep this thread updated.

On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 11:50:53 UTC-5, Tobias Oberstein wrote:

Am 07.01.2015 um 16:57 schrieb David Chappelle:

Any further update on this? Seems that the Autobahn|CPP library is only

Nope. I have no time, and nobody stepped up with a PR …

a few thousand lines of code and supports WAMPv2. Based on that, I

wouldn’t expect that the Android java based version would be much more code?

Correct.

0 Likes

#7

Confirmed that an android compatible WAMPv2 library is in progress. You can probably expect something within a few weeks.

Cheers,

Dave

···

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 6:29 AM, Alexander Gödde alexande...@googlemail.com wrote:

Hi David!

Would be wonderful if you could do something here - we just don’t have the resources at the moment, and the lack of an Android client is the biggest remaining gap in the WAMP ecosystem.

We’re here to answer any questions you have about the implementation.

Regards,

Alex

Am Dienstag, 13. Januar 2015 22:01:35 UTC+1 schrieb David Chappelle:

There may be something in the works on my end. I’ll keep this thread updated.

On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 11:50:53 UTC-5, Tobias Oberstein wrote:

Am 07.01.2015 um 16:57 schrieb David Chappelle:

Any further update on this? Seems that the Autobahn|CPP library is only

Nope. I have no time, and nobody stepped up with a PR …

a few thousand lines of code and supports WAMPv2. Based on that, I

wouldn’t expect that the Android java based version would be much more code?

Correct.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Autobahn” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/autobahnws/h141CzuHmYA/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to autobahnws+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to autob...@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/d98b3a37-5aa9-4782-9374-cb0f9788da26%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 Likes

#8

Confirmed that an android compatible WAMPv2 library is in progress. You
can probably expect something within a few weeks.

Awesome!!

AutobahnAndroid lacks TLS and WAMP2 .. and to be honest, I lack time and motivation to hack Java.

Cheers,
/Tobias

···

Am 14.01.2015 um 15:25 schrieb David Chappelle:

Cheers,

Dave

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 6:29 AM, Alexander Gödde > <alexande...@googlemail.com > <mailto:alexande...@googlemail.com>> wrote:

    Hi David!

    Would be wonderful if you could do something here - we just don't
    have the resources at the moment, and the lack of an Android client
    is the biggest remaining gap in the WAMP ecosystem.

    We're here to answer any questions you have about the implementation.

    Regards,

    Alex

    Am Dienstag, 13. Januar 2015 22:01:35 UTC+1 schrieb David Chappelle:

        There may be something in the works on my end. I'll keep this
        thread updated.

        On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 11:50:53 UTC-5, Tobias Oberstein wrote:

            Am 07.01.2015 um 16:57 schrieb David Chappelle:
            > Any further update on this? Seems that the Autobahn|CPP library is only

            Nope. I have no time, and nobody stepped up with a PR ..

            > a few thousand lines of code and supports WAMPv2. Based on that, I
            > wouldn't expect that the Android java based version would be much more code?

            Correct.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in
    the Google Groups "Autobahn" group.
    To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/topic/autobahnws/h141CzuHmYA/unsubscribe.
    To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
    autobahnws+...@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:autobahnws+...@googlegroups.com>.
    To post to this group, send email to autob...@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:autob...@googlegroups.com>.
    To view this discussion on the web visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/d98b3a37-5aa9-4782-9374-cb0f9788da26%40googlegroups.com
    <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/d98b3a37-5aa9-4782-9374-cb0f9788da26%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Autobahn" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to autobahnws+...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:autobahnws+...@googlegroups.com>.
To post to this group, send email to autob...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:autob...@googlegroups.com>.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/CALj-ATK2gZTvREB1DTf3GwB99sC3Jat%3DsPkET1FcfYYYPebxxw%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/CALj-ATK2gZTvREB1DTf3GwB99sC3Jat%3DsPkET1FcfYYYPebxxw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 Likes

#9

David, have you had any success with your Android implementation?

We’re very interested in adding Android support for an upcoming project that’s likely to be using Autobahn.

···

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 8:01:35 AM UTC+11, David Chappelle wrote:

There may be something in the works on my end. I’ll keep this thread updated.

On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 11:50:53 UTC-5, Tobias Oberstein wrote:

Am 07.01.2015 um 16:57 schrieb David Chappelle:

Any further update on this? Seems that the Autobahn|CPP library is only

Nope. I have no time, and nobody stepped up with a PR …

a few thousand lines of code and supports WAMPv2. Based on that, I

wouldn’t expect that the Android java based version would be much more code?

Correct.

0 Likes

#10

Turns out that it was deemed to be too much work for what we were willing to invest to update autobahn|android. Basically a complete re-write. I would have went this route regardless but I was not in charge of that decision making process. So in the end I believe that jawampa was used and some patches were submitted upstream.

Regards,

Dave

···

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 6:11 AM, Brenton Cleeland bre...@brntn.me wrote:

David, have you had any success with your Android implementation?

We’re very interested in adding Android support for an upcoming project that’s likely to be using Autobahn.

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 8:01:35 AM UTC+11, David Chappelle wrote:

There may be something in the works on my end. I’ll keep this thread updated.

On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 11:50:53 UTC-5, Tobias Oberstein wrote:

Am 07.01.2015 um 16:57 schrieb David Chappelle:

Any further update on this? Seems that the Autobahn|CPP library is only

Nope. I have no time, and nobody stepped up with a PR …

a few thousand lines of code and supports WAMPv2. Based on that, I

wouldn’t expect that the Android java based version would be much more code?

Correct.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Autobahn” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/autobahnws/h141CzuHmYA/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to autobahnws+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to autob...@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/autobahnws/08dc221a-c43f-437b-b53f-d6ab0e159dd1%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 Likes